This is the second edition of a study that examines the global market for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment. This report analyzes significant trends, threats and opportunities for growth impacting the HVAC equipment market through 2022. Data is provided for unit shipments of ten product types, including chillers, air handling units (AHUs), heat pumps, packaged units (RTUs), fan coil units (FCUs), condensing units, variable refrigerant flow (VRF) units, boilers, electric furnaces and gas furnaces. In this edition of the report, coverage has been expanded to include revenues from HVAC equipment sales as well as revenues associated with services of HVAC systems, including installation, configuration and maintenance. This report also now includes assessments of the competitive environment for HVAC equipment and services, as well as market share estimates for top suppliers in each region.
This report aims to provide product manufacturers, service providers, integrators and installers of HVAC equipment with an in-depth understanding of market sizes, growth forecasts, and market trends for this industry. Qualitative analysis is provided for recent trends influencing the industry such as the growth of ductless mini-split systems in residential projects, the growth of VRF systems in non-residential projects and accelerating sales of HVAC equipment with embedded controls. Detailed discussion supports the quantitative market data and forecast information across ten product types, five end-user industries and eleven sub-regions. Five-year forecasts are provided for all data apart from market shares.
End-user industries segments analyzed in this report include:
- Institutional (including top-level subdivisions for Education, Government and Healthcare)
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Other Non-residential Buildings
Geographic regions include:
- The Americas (including North America and Latin America)
- EMEA (including Germanic Countries, the United Kingdom and Eire, Southern Europe, Rest of Western Europe and Rest of EMEA)
- Asia Pacific (including mainland China and Chinese territories, India, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia)