Unlock opportunities in the market for professional managed grid services.
Over $47bn will be spent by electric utilities on smart metering hardware before the end of 2023, and even more beyond the meter. Professional services based around advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), software platforms and data analytics are on the rise. Entirely new business models could transform the market for vendors should power generation utilities implement value-added Outcomes-as-a-Service (OaaS) models enabled by digital technologies.
The Electric Grid Managed Services Report takes a future-oriented look at the market for technology-based services to the electric utility industry, centered around the role of (AMI) and data. This report gives market sizes and five-year revenue projections that include many product types, from applications like communications networks to meter data management software and analytics, including networks and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Our five-year forecasts for smart electric grid managed services provide an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives. Among others, this is a must-read resource for hardware manufacturers, platform providers, combined AMI vendors, communications networking companies and anyone offering telecommunications technology.
Key issues addressed:
- What are the technology services that utilities most need and are willing to pay for right now and in the future?
- Does any particular region offer a greater opportunity for vendors?
- Which factors are key in determining the biggest ROIs for a utility?
- Will an “Outcomes as a Service” model provide more revenue for vendors?
- Can AMI data services be a successful part of grid operation services and platforms?