The handset market remains stagnant highlighted by Apple's first-time-in-history decline in H1 2016. Samsung recovered slightly on the back of Galaxy S7 and J series. Huawei stays in the top 3 position while the market sees two Chinese OEMs OPPO and Vivo join the top 5 league. The Handsets & Smartphones Market Monitor report examines the results of Q2 and examines the major trends in the handset and smartphone market.
- According to IHS Active Installed base data, Samsung’s latest flagship device, the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, have already taken a noticeable position in the user base just months after release.
- Apple's smartphone shipments declined from 51.2m in last quarter to 40.4m in Q2, representing a decrease of 15% year-on-year.
- OPPO and Vivo has becomes the 4th and 5th largest smartphone OEM in H1 2016.
- Major Chinese brands now make up almost 50% of the global smartphone market thanks to the booming number of domestic smartphone users as well as the global expansion.
List of tables and charts:
- Smartphone percentage of shipments
- Handset revenue by OEM
- Handset shipments by OEM
- Samsung quarterly handset shipment
- Samsung market share
- Samsung average selling price
- Samsung top models- Active Installed Base
- Glaxy S6 and S7 shipment
- Apple quarterly growth
- Apple quarterly handset shipment and market share
- Apple average selling price
- Shipment of iPhone 6, 6s and SE
- Top iPhone models- Active Installed Base
- Share of the total iPhone active installed base after launch
- Smartphone shipment of top Chinese OEMs
- Year-on-year growth of Huawei, OPPO and Vivo
- Smartphone shipment of Xiaomi, OPPO and Vivo
- Market share of top brands
- Share of branded Chinese smartphone shipments
- Collective smartphone market share of major Chinese OEMs
- Smartphone shipments of LG, Sony and HTC
- LG top models- Active Installed Base
- LG Nexus, G4, V10 and G5 shipments
- HTC top 10 models – Active Installed Base
- HTC flagship shipment – One M8, One M9, One M9s and 10
- Micromax shipments
- Non-smartphone market share
- Screen sizes of smartphone releases
- Large screen vs. the rest
Number of pages: 16
Number of tables and charts: 29