The combined market for 4D and immersive motion seating has approximately doubled between 2013 and 2015 with a further rise of 24.5% in H1 2016 alone. The surge ties into a growing push by key circuits to strategically invest in a range of premium cinema offerings to retain audiences particularly at higher price points in return for upgraded features such as PLF, reclining seats and in-dining.
- The combined 4D and motion seating screen footprint rose 55% in 2015
- North America has the largest share of accounting for 31.1%
- The market has approximately doubled between 2013 and 2015
- Growth has continued to accelerate with a further 24.5% rise in H1 2016.
- Asia Pacific accounts for 59.9% of total 4D-only cinema locations
- China is the leading territory for 4D-only screens
- Wanda set to overtake CGV to become largest exhibitor for 4D in 2016
List of tables and charts:
- Total market for 4D and motion seating 2012 to H1 2016
- Regional split of 4D and motion seating by type H1 2016
- Territories ranked by 4D only screens H1 2016
- Exhibitors ranked by 4D only screens H1 2016
- Combined 4D and motion seating share by provider H1 2016
- Number of 4D screens by region by provider H1 2016
- Regional distribution of 4D installs by provider H1 2016
- Market share of 4D screens by region by provider H1 2016
Number of pages: 10
Number of tables and charts: 8
Associate Director/Principal Analyst, Cinema, OMDIA
Charlotte is an Associate Director at OMDIA, focusing on the global cinema business and an expert on digital and technology market trends.