Total cinema admissions across 20 territories (where data is available) hit 2.24 billion in H1 2016 equating to a healthy 9.1% rise, an impressive result considering 2015 was a record year.
- China sold more cinema tickets than North America for the first time
- Argentina recorded the largest rise in H1 box office ahead of China
- Healthy 9.1% uplift in world cinema attendance during H1 2016
List of tables and charts:
- Cinema box office ranked by % change H1 2016
- Cinema admissions ranked by % change H1 2016
- Cinema admissions by territory H1 2016
- Cinema box office revenue by territory H1 2016 (local currency)
- Cinema box office revenue by territory H1 2016 (US$)
Number of Pages: 6
Number of Tables and Charts: 5
Associate Director/Principal Analyst, Cinema, OMDIA
Charlotte is an Associate Director at OMDIA, focusing on the global cinema business and an expert on digital and technology market trends.