IHS (NYSE: IHS) today reported in its DDoS Prevention Appliances market intelligence report that the distributed denial of service (DDoS) prevention appliance market grew 23 percent in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15) from a year ago, to $135 million.
“So much of the activity and growth in the DDoS mitigation appliance space is being driven from the data center. Enterprise data center deployments are growing particularly well, and major cloud, hosting, large service provider and major internet brands continue to invest in high-performance DDoS mitigation to protect their data centers from escalating attacks and deliver customized solutions to their hosting and cloud customers,” said Jeff Wilson, research director for cybersecurity technology at IHS.
DDOS PREVENTION MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- North America accounted for 43 percent of DDoS prevention appliance sales in Q3
- Latin America is anticipated to post the highest growth of any major region from 2014 to 2019 as carriers there deploy their first serious DDoS mitigation solutions
- In 3Q15, Arbor ranked first, Radware second in DDoS prevention appliance revenue
- The data center segment (enterprise and carrier, including hosted DDoS service environments) is forecast by IHS to grow at a 19 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2014 to 2019
- Volumetric attacks are bifurcating into very-high velocity/bandwidth attacks and lower-bandwidth attacks, driving adoption of hybrid solutions and sales of hardware at the lower end of the market
ABOUT THE IHS DDOS REPORT
The biannual IHS Infonetics DDoS Prevention Appliances report provides market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis and trends by revenue, units, and deployment location, including enterprise and carrier data centers, government networks, carrier transport and wired broadband networks, and mobile networks. Vendors tracked include A10, Andrisoft, Arbor Networks, Corero, F5, Fortinet, GenieNRM, Huawei, Juniper, Narus, Radware, RioRey, and others. To inquire about research subscriptions, including the IHS Cybersecurity Technology Intelligence Service, visit https://www.ihs.com/about/contact-us.html.
DDOS SECURITY WEBINAR
The development of high-bandwidth inline DDoS mitigation solutions opens the opportunity for service providers of all sizes to build out their own mitigation capability, helping to better combat attacks. Join IHS analyst Jeff Wilson and Corero Jan. 14 8:00 AM PST for Service Provider Deployment of DDoS Mitigation, a free event examining DDoS best practices and new solutions for service providers. Learn more and register at http://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1099332/814276E56AE0696FABC935B5FDF31DD4.