Total consumer spending on physical rental in Germany (in-store and rent-by-mail combined) declined to €189.9 million in 2014 from €209.7 million reported at year end 2013, representing a decline of 9% for total market value.
Spending on physical rental in Germany declined by an average of 6% every year between 2010 and 2014; however, the German physical rental market has been notably resilient in comparison with many neighbouring Western European markets. The rest of Western Europe combined (excluding Germany) declined by a yearly average of 19% during the same time period.
Highlights: Germany will remain the strongest Blu-ray Disc rental market in Western Europe to 2019
In this report: Outlines key factors which contribute to strong Blu-ray rental consumption in Germany
List of tables and charts:
- Germany: Consumer Spending on Physical Rental
- Germany vs Western Europe: Consumer Spending on BD Rental
- Share of Physical Rental Transactions 2014
- Share of Physical Rental Transactions 2019
- Total German Consumer Spending on Home Video
Number of pages: 5
Number of charts and tables: 5