The digital music market in 2014 saw many interesting developments with ten acquisitions throughout the year compared to only four acquisitions for all of 2013. This trend is continuing in 2015, with three acquisitions announced in the first quarter.
This report looks at the key trends and drivers influencing music funding and M&A activity in 2014.
- Review of 2014 funding and M&A activity
- Analysis of the key underlying trends in music-related acquisitions
- A look ahead to music trends in 2015
List of tables and charts:
- Music revenues by business model ($m)
- Select 2014-2015 music acquisitions
- Total disclosed music funding amounts ($m)
Number of pages: 5Number of charts and tables: 3
Director, Media and Advertising
Jack Kent leads IHS Markit’s Media and Advertising research, heading up a team of analysts covering Games, Cinema, TV Channels & Programming, Home Entertainment and Advertising research.
Research Analyst II, Mobile and Telecoms
Abel Nevarez covers mobile network infrastructure trends and activity.