Is satellite revenue still going to grow? Is fibre offering more opportunities to invest than CDN? How much can you earn from terrestrial services? Is uplink profitable? Which regions are growing fastest? Where to invest and which type of investment might prove most rewarding? Those are some of the questions we are asked every day by the executives of companies offering data transmission services.
This workbook is our answer to all of them and we offer our insight to everyone wanting to learn the key answers. It is a powerful tool to help executives decide which direction is best for their company. It offers data on five key media transport services, namely: satellite, fibre, CDN, terrestrial and teleport/uplink.
Note: this data considers only primary usage of transport, e.g. a satellite capacity is counted as revenue for a satellite company even if being later resell.
Highlights: Almost $18.5bn was spent by Media & Entertainment industry on transport in 2014. This workbook underlines which platforms are growing fastest. By the end of 2020, IHS believes the industry will reach $25bn mark. DTT and CDN services will grow fastest although the largest part of that new revenue will still be contributed by satellite operations.
In this report:
- Global, regional and country level revenues for satellite, teleport/uplink, CDN and fibre from 2007 through 2020.
- Market leaders in Media transportation
List of tables and charts:
- Media Transport Revenue - Definitions
- Media Transport Revenue Overview
- Media Transport Revenue by Industry, Type, Region, Sub-Region and Country 2007 – 2020
- Vendor Transport Revenues 2007 – 2014
- CDN Media Transport Revenue – by Region, Sub-Region and Country 2007 – 2020
- Fibre Media Transport Revenue – by Region, Sub-Region and Country 2007 – 2020
- Satellite Media Transport Revenue – by Type (Contribution, Free DTH and Pay DTH), Region, Sub-Region and Country 2007 – 2020
- Terrestrial Media Transport Revenue – by Type (SD, HD), Region, Sub-Region and Country 2007 – 2020
- Teleport Media Transport Revenue – by Type (In-house, Outsource), Region, Sub-Region and Country 2007 – 2020