Highlights: In-country mobile consolidation, deleveraging and creating scale across the multiplay were the big M&A themes between July and December 2013.
In this report: Details and comment on the 34 deals tracked, plus insight on Etisalat's expansion, Oi and Portugal Telecom's merger, Polsat's multiplay ambitions, Telefónica and Deutsche Telekom's differing strategies towards CEE and Axiata's consolidation in Indonesia.
List of tables and charts:
- Number of deals (July-December 2013)
- Number of deals by type
- Etisalat-Maroc Telecom, MEA subscription split, Q3 2013
- Polsat-Polkomtel subscriptions per service, Q3 2013
- Blended mobile ARPU by operator - Indonesia
- M&A Summary: July-December 2013
Number of pages: 18
Number of charts and tables: 6
Principal Analyst, Consumer Devices
James Allison is a principal research analyst at Omdia, researching the TV sets, smartphone, and connected devices markets.
Principal Analyst, IoT
Julian Watson is a principal analyst at Omdia, on the IoT Connectivity and Platforms team.